These roasted carrots with garlicky lemon tahini sauce are a thing of beauty!
Or try our Roasted Radishes and Asparagus if you are a fan of roasted vegetables.
I feel like I don’t share enough of side dishes, which is strange because in my opinion they often make the meal! I love vegetables and here is my promise to post more recipes including them.
This recipe for roasted carrots is one of our favourites and not actually because of the carrots but because of the garlicky lemon tahini sauce they come with.
This sauce is magic, it can be used on anything! I mean ANYTHING!
If you’ve never tried cooking with tahini, don’t worry…it’s easy to love. If you love hummus, which owes tahini for its taste, you will adore tahini paste!
The reason I am cooking carrots today is because I’ve been buying these GORGEOUS two-coloured baby carrots from Lidl. They call them Unicorn Carrots.
Seriously?!? Who can resist?
Apart from the beautiful colours they are ultra sweet, flavourful and grown in the UK. I am pretty happy about that since we usually get our vegetables from Spain or Morocco.
How can I flavour roasted carrots?
There are so many ways to flavour carrots. You can go with sweet flavours like honey or maple syrup to compliments the sweetness of carrots or savoury to contrast it. I tend to prefer contrast.
The garlicky lemon tahini sauce is so versatile, you can drizzle it over any roasted vegetables, use it as a salad dressing or even as a dip.
And you can control the thickness by adding a splash of water!
To add another layer of flavour I finished my roasted carrots with a little dusting of sumac. If you are not familiar with sumac, you better change that quickly.
It is fragrant, lemony-tasting spice is wonderful on meat and vegetables alike and looks so pretty too!
Its slightly tangy flavour goes especially well with the roasted carrots that’s been made even sweeter in the oven!
If you are a vegetable lover, here are a few of my favourite recipes:
- Braised Savoy Cabbage with Bacon, Mushrooms and Sour Cream
- Roasted Parmesan Broccoli with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Garlic and Chillies
- Balsamic Glazed Beets with Goat Cheese and Mint
- Chipotle Mayo Roasted Potato Wedges
If you make any of my recipes, tag @vikalinka in your Instagram snaps, so I could see your creations!
Roasted Carrots with Garlicky Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 350 g 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- flaked sea salt
For the garlicky lemon tahini sauce
- ⅓ cup tahini paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 lemon juice of
- 4-5 tbsp cold water
- salt to taste
- parsley chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- Toss the carrots with olive oil and sprinkle with flaked sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of carrots.
- In a jam jar mix tahini paste, olive oil, garlic, salt and lemon juice, put the lid on and shake hard until well combined. Add water 2-3 tbsp of water and mix, add the rest to desired consistency.
- Drizzle the sauce over hot roasted carrots and sprinkle with ½tsp -1 tsp of sumac and fresh parsley.