These Chipotle Mayo Roasted Potato Wedges are a lovely and fiery addition to your summer meals!
These potato wedges will go perfectly with Air Fryer Chicken Tenders!
There are some days when I want a tasty meal but just can’t bear to put in a lot of effort. Recipes like this are perfect for those moments!
It came about by accident, when I had had meat on the grill and some baby potatoes to hand but wanted to make something a bit more interesting.
I grabbed some mayonnaise, mixed it up with chipotle paste, then thinned it out with a splash of water and slapped that rub on my potatoes. In the oven and done!
That is how chipotle mayo roasted potato wedges were born! THREE ingredients, or 4 if you count salt!
How to make very flavourful roasted potato wedges
If you, like my husband, think “it’s weird to roast potatoes in mayo”, stop right now! Mayonnaise is simply oil whipped with vinegar and egg yolk. It’s basically a vinaigrette (minus the egg, of course), so all I did was add the flavour.
There really isn’t a lot that goes into making this recipe. First boil the potatoes until they are soft, which should be around 10 minutes. Give them some time to cool.
Make the chipotle mayo by combining the mayonnaise, chipotle paste and water. Cut up the potatoes into wedges and toss in the mayo until well coated. Add them to the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
I like potatoes to be crisp, so turn on the broiler and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
I kept the recipe pretty simple but you can add more herbs and spices if you like. I am thinking garlic salt would be a nice addition here, just don’t use fresh garlic or it will burn and turn bitter.
These potatoes will go perfectly with any grilled meats. Try them with:
- The potatoes will cook nicely in an air fryer, but the amount of time will depend on the appliance you have. I would recommend starting with 10 minutes and adding more time as necessary.
- This recipe was designed with baby potatoes in mind but any potatoes will do. Cut them into roughly even sizes before boiling and then proceed with the rest of the recipe as written.
- I preferred the potatoes with flaky salt and chives sprinkled on top.
Chipotle Mayo Roasted Potato Wedges
- ½ kg / 1lb baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp chipotle paste
- 1 tbsp water
- Chives chopped (optional)
- Boil un-peeled baby potatoes until tender but firm approximately for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool. Meanwhile in a large bowl mix mayonnaise, chipotle paste and water.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in quarters and add them to the bowl with the chipotle mayo, gently toss until evenly coated and put them in a roasting pan.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn the oven to a broil/grill setting and finish the potatoes until crisp for 1-2 minutes longer. Watch carefully to avoid burning the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with flaky salt and chives if desired.