It seems that I accidentally stumbled on another winner while on my unending quest for a quick midweek meal. Do you too call upon pasta when a speedy and not fussy dinner is necessary, but a long day at work requires a bit of extra comfort at the end of it?
It’s often my go-to solution to all woes and problems. People should eat more carbs and perhaps then, world peace would become more of a reality.
Absolutely everyone in the family enjoyed this Mediterranean pasta and just wait till I tell you what is in it; Kalamata olives, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, garlic and this summer’s favourite zucchini.
The most surprising thing is that my kids only like pasta out of all things listed but they LOVED this dish. Loved, loved, loved. What is even better it barely takes any time to throw together and even less skill.
Present here are all the best flavours of summer. Did I mention it’s a one pot dish? Quick, easy, healthy and just a few dishes to wash up afterwards. I tell ya it’s a true winner.
- 1 lbs- pasta rigatoni or any other short pasta
- 2 tbsp- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini- medium quartered and sliced 1/2" thick
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp- mixture of chopped sun-dried tomatoes kalamata olives and capers
- 2 tbsp- fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp- Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Set a large pot of water on a stove, bring to a boil, add salt and pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large pan and cook sliced zucchini until lightly golden on both sides.
- Drain cooked pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of water it was cooked in.
- To the pan with zucchini add pasta, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and capers, parsley, parmesan cheese and mix gently with a splash of reserved water to loosen the pasta.
- Taste and add more salt of necessary.
- Serve with more Parmesan cheese.