Do you want to have a healthy, protein-filled breakfast in the morning but short on time? You can make my broccoli frittata the night before and enjoy it the following morning. It’s that easy!!
It’s getting warmer and lovelier outside by the minute and I have to admit I am not fully ready for the summer clothes. Not yet but I am on my way. Brad and I have been eating healthier lately hoping to shed extra padding we’ve accumulated over the cold winter months.
Eggs for breakfast are always a great option to start the day with a meal that will sustain us for hours. Easy enough for me since I work from home but Brad leaves the house pretty early and doesn’t always have the time to cook.
So I decided to come up with a couple of options that could be made in advance. This broccoli frittata is one of them and it’s a good one! Just like pizzas, frittatas are delicious warm or cold. Unless you are one of those people who doesn’t like cold pizza, which is odd because what’s not to like!!!
Frittatas are also endlessly customisable! For this recipe I added broccoli, cheese and bacon with just a pinch of dill. Classic combination that works so well!
But I can see so many other amazing flavour pairings that will be just as delicious like tomato and basil with melted mozzarella. Doesn’t it sound tasty and oh so summery! Another one that I am thinking of is caramelised onion, potato and ham or roasted vegetable one. So many possibilities!!
What I also love about this broccoli frittata is that it could also be eaten for lunch or dinner. Eggs are so nutritious that they should not be reserved for breakfast alone!
What would be your favourite flavour combo? After you try my broccoli frittata of course!!
- 6-7 broccoli florets with stems
- 4 bacon strips
- 6 eggs
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 2-3 tbsp aged Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.In a medium pot bring the broccoli to a boil and cook for no longer than 1 minute. The broccoli should turn bright green colour. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the pan and chop. Drain all but 1 tbsp of bacon fat.
- Whip the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper and pour in the same pan, arrange cooked broccoli on top, scatter chopped bacon and grated Cheddar and dill.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until set.