These healthy mini frittatas are just the thing for busy mornings because you can make them ahead!
For another breakfast bake, try Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Sausage, Chorizo and Eggs!
I have a long relationship with easy, convenient breakfasts. Unfortunately, this doesn’t always mean that I’m eating the best food to start my day. All too often, the convenient choice is not the one that is good for you.
That’s why I created this easy mini frittata recipe. It’s a great recipe to make in advance so you can grab and go in the morning. Even better, it’s lean and full of nutrients, giving you the perfect start to the day.
And even better still? They fill you up so there are no nagging hunger pangs before it’s time for lunch!
Quick breakfast recipe
These mini frittatas don’t take a lot of time or effort to make. Just twenty minutes hands-on time and the rest in the oven.
And since they last in the fridge, they can be made in advance and eaten through the week. Pop them in a microwave and you’ve got a nutritious breakfast. You can even grab them and eat them on the go since they are baked in a muffin tin and perfectly portable.
How can something simple and so good for you be delicious? I’ll tell you how – eggs, tiny bit of ham, kale sautéed with garlic and sun-dried tomatoes – that’s how!
To make them, lightly cook the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic for a minute over low heat. Then add the kale and steam for five minutes longer.
While that is happening, whisk the eggs with ham, salt and pepper. When the other ingredients are done, take them off the heat and add them to the egg mixture.
Divide them evenly in twelve muffin tins and add to a preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy a weeks worth of breakfasts!
More egg breakfast recipes
- Eggs Benedict with Easy Hollandaise Sauce
- Broccoli Frittata with Aged Cheddar and Bacon
- Savoury Buckwheat Breakfast Bowl
- Breakfast Bagel Sandwich with Smoked Salmon
Healthy Mini Frittatas
- 10 eggs large
- 270 g /4 cups kale chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 thick slices of ham or turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Low calorie spray for coating muffin pan
- Preheat the oven at 350F/180C.
- Spray a large pan with low-calorie cooking spray and add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes, cook for 1 minute over low heat. Add kale, a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of water, cover with a lid and let it steam for 5 minutes. It should be enough time to soften the kale and for the flavours to blend. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs until slightly foamy, add chopped ham and salt and pepper. Add cooked kale and sun-dried tomatoes to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Evenly divide among 12 muffin cups, preferable silicone ones to avoid sticking.
- Bake for 20 minutes.