These puff pastry cinnamon rolls are quite possibly the speediest cinnamon bun recipe you will see!
Do your cravings come fast and urgent? It seems to happen to me especially often when I am tired, and that means it has happened often lately.
A lot of things are happening, good things mind you, but they tend to tire me out. You are probably wondering what I am doing whipping up a batch of labour intensive cinnamon buns while my energy tank is already drained.
Can I use puff pastry for cinnamon rolls?
Yes, you can!
Using prepared puff pastry will give your the buns that are super speedy. You can enjoy them in 35 minutes from start to finish. Although they are made with prepared puff pastry as opposed to yeasted dough, they taste every bit as delicious.
Different… but just as delicious. They satisfy the fiercest of cravings!
What icing to use
I’ve drizzled mine with some caramel sauce, I had stashed away in my fridge, which made them extra indulgent. You can use your favourite caramel or fudge sauce, your own recipe or a store bought like I did.
You can also use a traditional sugar glaze that I used in my other sweet roll recipe.
I don’t know what it is about cinnamon in baked goods that make absolutely irresistible to me. Just the aroma of it wafting through the house drives me mad! Bonus- your house will smell divine for hours.
Have I convinced you already? I will stop chatting then and get right down to business.
Method and Instructions
Preheat your oven to 400F/200C. Roll out your puff pastry on a floured surface into a ¼″ thick rectangle. Brush with 2 tbsp. of melted butter, sprinkle with 4-5 handfuls (that’s right, how is that for exact measurements!) of brown sugar, 4 tsp. of cinnamon and 2 tsp. of mixed spice.
Then roll the pastry from the narrow side.
Cut into 12 equal parts. To make them even, first cut the roll in half, then in quarters and so on until your get 12 even chunks.
Then arrange on a buttered dish leaving ½″space between each bun (more than you see on the picture as I re-arranged mine later), they need room for expansion.
Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. Then take out of the fridge and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
As any baked goods these cinnamon buns are at their best straight out of the oven!
If you like sweet pastries, check out my Strawberry Cheesecake Vatrushka Buns.
More Sweet Roll Recipes:
- 500 g/18 oz puff pastry pre-made
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 100g/1/2 cup Demerara/Turbinado Sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp mixed spice optional
- 65g/1/4 cup caramel sauce store bought
- Preheat your oven to 400F/200C. Roll out your puff pastry on a floured surface into a ¼" thick rectangle. Brush with 2 tbsp. of melted butter, sprinkle with demerara/turbinado sugar, 4 tsp. of cinnamon and 2 tsp. of mixed spice.
- Then roll the pastry from the narrow side. Cut into 12 equal parts. Then arrange on a buttered dish leaving ½"space between each bun.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Drizzle with caramel sauce.