This black bean and corn salsa with cherry tomatoes, red onions, lime juice and chillies is a real winner when it comes to adding serious flavour into your meals!
If you are a fan of corn in your salads, you will also love this Italian Salad with Tuna, Corn and Mozzarella.
I can’t believe it took me so long to share one of my favourite things to eat with you friends! However, summer is upon us, and since even England is reluctantly warming up, it calls for colourfully fresh outdoor dining.
This salsa, made with corn, black beans and tomatoes, is something that appears on our table any season of the year but tastes best in the summer when the tomatoes are ripe and flavourful.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Ingredients
This salsa comes in many variations as long as there are major players present.
- black beans
- lime juice
Occasionally I also add ripe tomatoes, avocados and diced red onion to my black bean and corn salsa. You can also substitute chickpeas or any other beans for black beans.
Another tip to elevate the flavour of this simple Mexican salsa recipe is to use grilled corn instead of the canned variety.
- You can use this corn and bean salsa as a filling for your tacos, burritos and fajitas.
- You can also can also eat it as a salad.
- My kids call it a dip because they were scooping it up with tortilla chips.
Whatever you call it, this simple salsa recipe is bursting with flavours, vitamins, and is out-of-this-world delicious.
This Mexican salad is truly a flavour winner and packed with power foods like black beans and vegetables. My kids were scarfing it down, having completely forgotten that they can’t stand tomatoes!
More Tex Mex recipes:
- 5 Minute Blender Salsa Recipe
- Pulled Lamb Birria Tacos
- Chicken Chilaquiles with Warm Corn Salsa
- Chicken Fajita Bowl
- Fish Tacos with Blackberry Chilli Lime Salsa
This recipe was originally published in 07/2013. Republished with new text and video in 06/2019
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 Red Onion, small diced
- 1 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 1 Red Chilli minced
- Lime, juice only
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 cup Canned Corn
- Salt to taste
- Half or quarter cherry tomatoes, dice the red onion finely, mince the garlic cloves and red chilli, then add chopped cilantro and lime juice.
- To the mixture add the beans, corn and salt. Mix everything and taste for the right balance of salt and spices.