These little Caprese style starters are made with bites of fresh mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and basil wrapped in prosciutto. Easy and fast!
If you love these flavours, check out the classic Caprese salad recipe.
‘Tis the season of eggnog, reindeer and endless parties with all their calorie dense snacks and appetizers. I am thinking ahead and trying to find ways of how to lighten up little bites we all love so much.
These little appetizers are a take on the Caprese salad, which is a mix of fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes and basil.
I love this salad so much, so I made it into finger food and adjusted the ingredients according to the season. So instead of ripe tomatoes I am using sun-dried tomatoes!
I also added a slice of Parma ham aka prosciutto to wrap things up into festive and delicious little bundles. Ten minutes of prep and you end up looking like the most creative host! Not too bad at all.
Prosciutto Caprese Parcels
- 10 Sliced Prosciutto
- 250g/9oz Fresh Mozzarella 2 balls
- 10 Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 20 Fresh Basil Leaves
- Slice each mozzarella ball into 10 slices.
- Cut your sun-dried tomatoes in half.
- Half the prosciutto slices lengthways.
- Put a piece each of mozzarella, sun-dried tomato and a basil leaf at the end of each strip of prosciutto and roll it up.