This creamy and cheesy cranberry and chorizo dip recipe is what your holiday table has been missing!
If you are planning a holiday party and looking for more ideas, take a look at our party food recipe collection.
None of us can imagine a successful holiday party without a good dip. Sure, we all love our classics but once in a while your guests will crave something new.
This dip recipe is IT! The idea for this creamy cranberry and chorizo dip came to me, as it often happens, from the contents of my fridge.
I had leftover cranberry sauce, which I was anxious to use up. I thought the sweet and tart taste of the sauce would be lovely when combined with spicy Spanish chorizo, also kicking around my fridge. Those ingredients needed a carrier though, so I mixed up sour cream, cream cheese and smoked gouda.
Although the idea sounded perfect in my head, I was still not sure it would work. So I first tested it out on my husband. We both absolutely loved this new creation and I am so excited to share it with you.
If you are not able to source smoked gouda, you can use smoked cheddar or regular cheddar. In fact, any creamy cheese that melts well would work in this dip.
The chorizo is such an important part of this dip, adding a smokey depth of flavour. It’s one of my go-to sources of flavour, and I use it in everything from appetizers, to orzo, to one-pan chicken dishes.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- If you are unable to find cured Spanish chorizo, you can use cooked chorizo sausage instead.
- Dried cranberries could be used instead of cranberry sauce. It will alter the taste a little.
- Use full fat sour cream, otherwise it might split during baking.
- Serve with crackers or sliced and toasted sourdough bread.
A creamy dip needs to be served piping hot to make sure it doesn’t become clumpy and stodgy. But not too hot or the top of your mouth is at risk!
The dip can be served with anything such as crackers, bread or tortilla chips. I love adding a sprinkling of parsley on top as well for a bit of colour and freshness.
More Dip Recipes to Try
- Hot Corn and Roasted Corn Dip
- Whipped Feta and Ricotta Dip
- Smoked Cheddar Southwest Dip
- Creamy Cilantro and Walnut Dip
- Queso Fundido with Chorizo
Creamy Cranberry and Chorizo Dip
- 125ml/1/2 cup sour cream full fat
- 125g/1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tsbp cranberry sauce your own or store bought
- 150g/5 oz smoked Cheddar or Gouda grated
- 100g/3.5 oz cured chorizo chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325 F/160C.
- Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream with the cranberry sauce chopped chorizo, parsley, grated smoked Cheddar or Gouda.
- Bake the dip in a 8" pan for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with crusty bread, crudite or tortilla chips.