None of us can imagine a successful holiday party without a good dip. Sure, we all love our classics but once in a while your guests will crave something new. This dip is IT! The idea for this creamy cranberry and chorizo dip came to me, as it often happens, from the contents of my fridge. I had a chunk of White Stilton studded with cranberries that no one was eating. Stilton is a true English cheese that we all love around here and it is usually bleu but this one was white Stilton and quite mild in taste, which I thought would be lovely when combined with Spanish chorizo. If you can’t find white Stilton, substitute it with mild goat cheese and dried cranberries.
I also included this gouda for an extra smokiness!
Although the idea sounded perfect in my head I was still not sure it would work so I first tested it out on my husband. We both absolutely loved this new creation and I am so excited to share it with you.
- 2/3 cup-sour cream
- 1/2 cup-cream cheese
- 150 gr/5 oz-white Stilton with cranberries or mild goat cheese with 2 tbsp of dried cranberries
- 1 cup-smoked Gouda grated
- 100 gr/3.5 oz-cured chorizo chopped
- 2 tbsp-flat leaf parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Crumble white Stilton with cranberries in a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mix well with a fork until blended.
- Add chopped chorizo, parsley, grated smoked Gouda and mix to combine.
- Bake the dip in a 9" pan for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with crusty bread, crudite or tortilla chips.