If you need dessert on the table within 45 minutes, this peach and blackberry tart is your answer!
Lovers of blackberries will swoon for this Wild Blackberry Pie with Honeyed Creme Fraiche!
In the summer I like nothing more than a fruit filled dessert. The more fruit the better in all sorts of fabulous bakes!
But summer also means that I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen with the oven cranking out more hot air. In fact, I don’t to spend much time in the kitchen at all!
That’s when tarts like this one just cannot be beat. I brings beautiful seasonal fruit together in a short time and with a minimum of effort!
It is the simplest and the most straightforward thing you will make this summer. All you need are best ingredients to make it great.
This incredible peach and blackberry tart has the crispiest crust that explodes into hundreds of flakes when you bite into it. It is loaded with the best of the summer peaches and blackberries that have been caramelised in the oven after being sprinkled with cream and brown sugar.
Making the peach and blackberry tart
Go ahead and choose ripe and sweet peaches, beautiful, jewel-like blackberries. Then buy all-butter puff pastry, a splash of cream and a handful of brown sugar. And that is all, my friends!
It is the all-butter puff pastry that helps make this such a quick and simple recipe to bring together. It’s an important part of this tart so buy the best quality puff pastry you can and chill it before using so the layers remain separate.
With the oven preheating, roll out the puff pastry and score the edges to create a border. This will allow the pastry to puff while baking so you get the beautiful, flaky edges.
Place the peach slices on the pastry in tidy rows but without going onto the border areas. Drizzle it with double cream, sprinkle on the brown sugar, and drop the blackberries evenly on top.
The tart is now fully assembled and almost ready to go in the oven. Brush the border with beaten egg and place it in the oven with the timer set for 35 minutes.
When your puff pastry is golden and peaches and blackberries are done bubbling away in the oven, let it cool slightly and sprinkle with icing sugar. Put your kettle on and enjoy this summer goodness before it’s over.
You deserve it!
More blackberry baking recipes:
- Blackberry Crumble Bars
- Wild Blackberry Tea Cake
- Bakery Style Blackberry Muffins
- Lemon Ricotta Cake with Blackberry Glaze
- 375 g /1 sheet all-butter puff pastry
- 5-6 ripe peaches sliced
- 50 g /1/3 cup blackberries
- 4 tbsp double cream/whipping cream
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and leave it on parchment paper it was packed in. Score the sides of the rectangle with a sharp knife to create a 1-inch border. Arrange the peach slices in neat rows while leaving the borders uncovered.
- Drizzle double cream over the peaches and scatter brown sugar, then top with blackberries. Brush the border with the beaten egg. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until golden.
- Cool slightly, then dust with powdered sugar and serve.