This Chilli Garlic Salmon with sweet potatoes and Tenderstem broccoli is a one-pan beauty, which means less time cleaning and more time playing in the sun! Hello, Summer!
If you love salmon cooked with Asian flavours, take a look at another one pan wonder Teriyaki Salmon with Bok Choy.
When things get busy I find ways to make things easier in the kitchen. That often means turning to a one-pan dish.
Salmon is perfect for a quick and nutritious meal made with a minimum of fuss. I made this recipe stand out by using Asian-inspired flavours.
Apart from salmon, this one-pan recipe packs lovely sweet potatoes and fresh Tenderstem broccoli to increase the nutrition and make this a truly satisfying meal!
Chilli Garlic Salmon
I’m a huge fan of Asian seafood recipes, as you can see in our Asian fish and seafood collection. These are flavour combinations I just can’t get enough of!
This fish was made using my favourite Thai flavours but cooking it in one pan in the oven with vegetables is quite European. As a bonus you even get a delicious sauce at the bottom of your pan!
With a few shortcuts here and there this gorgeous dinner is done in under 30 minutes! If you use pre-chopped garlic, ginger and chilli the prep time goes by quickly.
You wouldn’t believe how little effort went into this salmon with sweet potatoes if you could taste all authentic flavours of Thai cuisine coming together in a different package.
Why this recipe works
Chillies, smoked garlic, ginger, green curry paste and limes create the perfect combination of sweet, salty, sour and spicy. The cornerstones of the Thai cuisine!
Salmon and sweet potatoes provide the perfect balance to the spicy and sour notes of chillies and limes. Regular potatoes will work but I would miss the sweetness.
I also used Tenderstem broccoli, which is a crazy and genius mix of Japanese kale and broccoli! If you can’t find Tenderstem broccoli where you live, throw in some regular broccoli or asparagus.
Asian salmon recipes
I can’t get enough salmon with Asian flavours. Here is a selection of salmon recipes to try:
One-Pan Chilli Garlic Salmon
- 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 tsp chopped red chillies
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sliced ginger
- 1 lime juice and zest
- 1 x 400 ml tin coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander/cilantro
- 3 small sweet potatoes peeled and sliced
For the salmon
- 4 X 175g salmon filets
- 1 tsp Thai green curry paste
- ½ tsp chopped chillies
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- 200 g tenderstem broccoli
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- In a medium bowl mix Thai green curry paste, chopped red chillies, chopped garlic, chopped ginger, juice and zest of ½ lime and coconut milk, then pour in a large roasting pan. It should barely cover the bottom of the roasting pan, approximately ⅓ of an inch up the sides.
- Lay the overlapping sweet potato slices directly in the pan with coconut milk and spice mixture, salt and sprinkle with chopped coriander/cilantro. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, mix Thai green curry paste, chopped chillies and garlic in a small dish to make a paste. Salt the salmon and spread the paste on the salmon. You should have no more than ¼ tsp of the paste per fillet.
- When the potatoes are tender, take out of the oven and lay the salmon on top of the potatoes and arrange tenderstem broccoli around, salt the broccoli and drizzle with remaining lime juice and zest over the entire pan.
- Return to the oven and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.