If you feel like spoiling your loved ones with these exquisite French chocolate madeleines, here is your recipe!
- 100 g/3/4 cup flour
- 70 g/1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs large
- 200 g/1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp orange blossom water or vanilla
- 185 g/ 6 oz unsalted butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- butter for greasing the pan
- 100 g white chocolate
- Cosmic Blush Baking Time Club Sprinkles
- In a small bowl combine sifted flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl of stand mixer combine eggs, sugar and the orange blossom water and whip with a balloon wisk on high for 7 minutes until thick, pale yellow and tripled in volume.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones in three additions, fold in carefully with a spatula taking care not to deflate the batter. Then fold in the melted and cooled butter.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. Butter the madeleine pan and put it in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Fill 3/4 of each mold with the batter, do not spread. Bake for 8 minutes. Take the baked madeleines out of the pan, wipe the pan clean and cool. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Melt chopped white chocolate in a small bowl set over a pot of simmering water over very low heat. Watch it carefully as white chocolate burns quickly.
- Dip each madeleine into melted white chocolate and sprinkle with the cosmic blush sprinkles immediately before the chocolate is set.