These mushrooms stuffed with a cheesy mixture of Parmesan, cream cheese, salty Prosciutto and pine nuts are perfect as a delicious appetiser or a main course if large portobello mushrooms are used!
Throwing a festive soirée this season? Get inspiration from our collection of recipes for Christmas and New Year parties.
Who doesn’t love a delicious roasted in the oven mushroom stuffed with cheesy filling ? To me they are a must at every holiday party.
Usually I like to serve stuffed mushrooms as mini bites. But you can also serve large stuffed portobello mushrooms as a beautiful starter to your holiday meal. They are easy to make and always look so impressive!
These little bites will be welcome at any party this holiday season. Flavourful chestnut mushrooms stuffed with creamy savoury filling and sprinkled with crunchy pine nuts.
As you can imagine these amazing appetizers are super easy to make.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Mix cream cheese, chopped prosciutto slices, grated parmesan cheese, pine nuts and chopped flat leaf parsley in a small bowl.
- Fill the mushrooms with the mixture.
- Then sprinkle with additional grated parmesan cheese and bake
Mushrooms are sponges and soak up water very quickly! To avoid soggy, watery mushrooms, brush them with paper towel to remove any bits of dirt instead of washing them.
Feel free to improvise with the filling. You can easily replace chopped prosciutto with crab or chopped shrimp.
You can also use any sharp cheese you like instead of Parmesan. Aged cheddar or gruyere will be excellent in the filling.
I’ve also tested this recipe using low fat cream cheese to cut on calories and it works just as well!
This recipe was originally published in 02/2013. Updated with new photos, video and text and republished in 02/2020.
More Easy Appetisers for Your Holiday Table:
- Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Prosciutto
- Chorizo Sausage Rolls
- Favourite Party Crostini
- Spanish Tapas
- 2 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 125g/1/2 cup cream cheese
- 70g/5 prosciutto slices
- 6 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 3-4 sprigs Flat leaf parsley chopped
- 600g/12 small Chestnut Mushrooms or 6 Large Portobello Mushrooms
- Preheat your oven to 350F/180C. Toast pine nuts in a dry pan over medium heat for 2 minutes until golden and fragrant. Set aside. To clean the mushrooms brush them with paper towel to remove any bits of dirt, then pull out the stems.
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese, chopped prosciutto, fresh grated parmesan cheese, half of the pine nuts and chopped parsley. Stuff the mushrooms and sprinkle with additional grated parmesan cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the top of the filling is golden.
- Sprinkle with reserved toasted pine nuts before serving.