These herby soft cheese stuffed dates wrapped in prosciutto are perfect party bites that literally take minutes to prepare!
We hosted our first Christmas party of the season this past weekend, which put me in such a festive mood! If I am completely honest, it was my birthday party since because I was born on Christmas Day those are often interchangeable in our family.
My husband actually made most of the food and used the recipes from my blog! We served chorizo sausage rolls, smoked cheddar Southwestern dip, bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers just to mention a few favourites and finished off with Canadian butter tarts and my festive mulled wine!
Another highlight of the party was hearing real, live feedback on my recipes from my friends and not just comments online! It reminded me just how much I love feeding people and that was the main reason I started this blog!
I promised at the beginning of the holiday season that I would be bringing you party food and so far I have kept my promise. Sweet and savoury! The cheese stuffed dates wrapped in prosciutto I am sharing today is my newest contribution to your arsenal of festive bites and nibbles.
The perfect balance of sweet dates, savoury herby soft cheese all wrapped in luscious Italian prosciutto demonstrate the opulence of the Christmas season! You will fall in love with them as they take minutes to put together and only require three ingredients. No cooking. No fuss!
- 6 medjool dates cut in half and stone removed
- 100 g/3oz French roule cheese with herbs and garlic or any soft cheese
- 3-6 prosciutto slices depending on the size
- 12 cocktail sticks
- Cut the dates in half and remove the stone. Cut the prosciutto slices in half or in quarters depending on their size. ( I have cut mine in half lengthwise and then cut them again)
- Fill each half of a date with 1 tsp of soft cheese and wrap prosciutto slice around it.
- Serve each bite on a cocktail stick.