These herby soft cheese stuffed dates wrapped in prosciutto are perfect party bites that literally take minutes to prepare!
Planning a holiday get-together? We have many more great recipes for your Christmas Party!
It’s important to head into the holiday season with a solid arsenal of party food recipes. The cheese stuffed dates wrapped in prosciutto I am sharing today is my newest contribution to your arsenal of festive bites and nibbles.
I developed these treats when hosting a Christmas party a few years back. I needed something simple yet elegant. Finger food that would make a statement without stressing me out.
These hit the mark perfectly. They are simple but packed full of sweet and savoury flavours. I could tell they were a hit because their plate was the first one to be emptied!
These bites have the perfect balance of sweet dates, savoury herby soft cheese all wrapped in luscious Italian prosciutto. Each one holds the the opulence of the Christmas season!
You will fall in love with them as they take minutes to put together and only require three ingredients. No cooking. No fuss!
There really is not a lot that goes into making these. Just take the stone out of the dates, add in some soft cheese and wrap in prosciutto. So easy!
I chose a cheese with herbs to add a different dimension to the taste. Herbs aren’t essential though, and other soft cheeses will work as well.
You will need a cocktail stick to hold the together as the prosciutto will start to unroll if left alone. No problem, though, as cocktail sticks are a great way to add a bit of style to your spread!
More holiday party recipes:
- Chorizo sausage rolls
- Smoked cheddar Southwestern dip
- Bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers
- Canadian butter tarts
- Festive mulled wine
Herby Cheese Stuffed Dates Wrapped in Proscuitto
- 6 medjool dates cut in half and stone removed
- 100 g /3oz French roule cheese with herbs and garlic or any soft cheese
- 3-6 prosciutto slices depending on the size
- 12 cocktail sticks
- Cut the dates in half and remove the stone. Cut the prosciutto slices in half or in quarters depending on their size. (I have cut mine in half lengthwise and then cut them again)
- Fill each half of a date with 1 tsp of soft cheese and wrap prosciutto slice around it.
- Serve each bite on a cocktail stick.