Homemade Honey Cinnamon Cashew Butter is much easier to make than you think. Just throw everything in your food processor and choose your flavourings!
Whenever you are reaching for breakfast to start your day or a snack to keep you going for the rest of your afternoon, you need something healthy and filling.
Natural Cashew Butter
Nutter butters on wholegrain toast is one of the best things you can fuel yourself with. Making them at home is the easiest thing in the world. Let me show how you can whip up Cashew Butter in a matter of minutes.
All you need for this recipe is a food processor or a blender with a powerful motor, that is built for such things. Otherwise it will not get the job done and might burn in the process.
Another thing you will need is roasted cashew nuts. Or use a blend of nuts for a more interesting flavour.
Using roasted cashews will leave you with the most delicious and smooth cashew butter.However, add a touch of honey and cinnamon, you will end up with something truly incredible.
This nut butter tastes truly luxurious. It elevates my plain, everyday toast to an incredible height of sophistication. Can you imagine what it does to a croissant? I will let you figure it out on your own.
- Use a powerful food processor or a blender like for this recipe to avoid disappointment.
- Roasted cashews turn into a spreadable butter much easier than raw nuts.
- I used honey and cinnamon to flavour my cashew butter but you can add anything you like.
- Vanilla, maple syrup, agave nectar will all work wonderfully.
- Add a touch of coconut oil for an extra creamy texture and a beautiful flavour. This is optional.
- Keep this cashew butter refrigerated to avoid it going rancid. It will keep well up to 3 months.
- 600 g roasted cashews or ⅔ cashews + ⅓ mixed nuts like walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil optional
- Add nuts to the food processor and process for 3-4 minutes until finely ground, stopping the processor every minute to scrape down the sides.
- Add honey, cinnamon and salt. Pulse for a 30 seconds.
- Add melted coconut oil through the chute while the motor still running and blend until desired creamy consistency. This step is optional. Keep refrigerated.