It’s Friday afternoon…time to unwind and although I spent the last 3 days at home I don’t feel completely relaxed. Not yet.
This past Monday I returned from a work trip to Russia and although it was by all accounts a great trip which also allowed me to visit my home country for the first time in 10 years I came home knackered.
Truth is I’ve been running full speed for the last 3-4 months and I know it’s time to slow down for at least a little bit, spend some quality time with family and have some fun!
This cocktail is a perfect balance of sweet and sour infused with woodsy scent of fresh rosemary.
If you don’t mind spending a few minutes behind the stove do make your own sugar syrup instead of buying it.
And when you do make it use unrefined Demerara/Turbinado sugar which adds incredibly delicious caramel notes to otherwise flat and plain sugar syrup.
For the Demerara sugar syrup
- 1 cup- Demerara/Turbinado sugar
- 1 cup-water
For Cognac Sour
- 2 shots-Cognac
- 1 shot- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ shot- Demerara/Turbinado sugar syrup
- lemon wedges
- rosemary sprig
- Make sugar syrup by combining Demerara/Turbinado sugar and water in a saucepan and bringing to a boil stirring continuously until sugar dissolves. Cool and bottle.
- Measure all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Add 5-6 ice cubes. Shake vigorously and strain into a short glass.
- Add 1-2 ice cubes to the glass and garnish with a lemon wedge and a rosemary sprig.
Cheers and have a lovely weekend, friends!