I am not a broccoli lover. I can eat it but don’t expect me to get excited when I see it on the menu. This recipe, however, gets me downright giddy! It was shared with me by an Italian friend.
I was immediately intrigued by this ingenious idea of livening up boring broccoli with some sun-dried tomatoes, loads of garlic, chillies and a generous sprinkling of parmesan.
The results are delicious and loved by everyone, including the littles ones. It’s quick, nutritious and trust me, you will NOT be left begging your kids to finish their veggies. 🙂 Enjoy!
- 1 head- broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli florets in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes until tender but still firm, drain.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, add sliced garlic and finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add broccoli, salt and chilli flakes, stir-fry for 3 minutes until heated through. Serve sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan cheese.