- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 zucchini small
- 1-2 grilled red peppers from a jar
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes red and yellow
- 80g/1/2 cup Italian marinated mushrooms Italian antipasti
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5-6 leaves basil fresh or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Slice the zucchini 1/4 inch thick , sprinkle them with salt and pan fry them in olive oil on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Alternatively you can broil them in the oven for 2-3 minutes on each side. (If using zucchini raw, slice them as thinly as possible lengthwise using a mandoline or a sharp knife.)
Remove the zucchini from the pan and put them in the salad bowl, squeeze 1 garlic clove directly over the zucchinem and tear a few basil leaves into the salad bowl to allow warm zucchini absorb the flavours.
Slice grilled peppers and tomatoes and add them to the bowl.
Mix in the mushrooms, drizzle a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, mix everything carefully taking care not to mash up your delicate vegetables. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Thoroughly drain both jarred red peppers and mushrooms before adding to the salad.
- If no jarred red peppers are available, use this recipe to make your own.
- If no marinated mushrooms are available, substitute with sauteed mushrooms.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 53mg | Potassium: 621mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1460IU | Vitamin C: 78mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg