- 1.5-2 lbs pork shoulder fat removed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 carrots cut into large chunks
- 1 lbs Butternut Squash ½ of a medium squash, cubed
- 250ml/1 cup Stout such as Guinness or stock
- 400g/14oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 400g/14 oz canned cannellini beans liquid drained (drained weight 240g)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5-1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
Cube the pork shoulder and cut away as much fat as possible. Season with salt and pepper and sear on high heat. Set aside until needed.
Peel and core butternut squash, cut in half, then cube one half of it. Reserve the other half for another use. Peel and cut carrots into large chunks.
Add the squash, carrots, chopped onion and minced garlic to the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the seared pork, cannellini beans, bay leaves, smoked paprika and chilli powder. Pour Guinness and canned chopped tomatoes with 1 tsp of salt and pepper over. Stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 8-10 hours. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Calories: 171kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 427mg | Potassium: 687mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 8806IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 3mg