- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts cubed
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt Not Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp tikka masala curry paste not jarred sauce
- 1 tbsp ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloved garlic minced
- 125g/1/2 cup Tikka Masala curry paste
- 400ml/14oz canned chopped tomatoes
- 250g/1 ½ cups drained canned chickpeas
- 125ml/1/2 cup double cream
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
In a medium bowl mix 2 tbsp of plain yogurt with 1 tsp of Tikka Masala paste and add cubed chicken breasts. Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
In a deep pan heat the ghee or oil and fry the chopped onion, garlic and ginger together over low heat for 10 minutes. Then add the curry paste and cook while stirring for a minute or until the aroma is released.
Add the chicken with the marinade to the pan and cook until the outside of each piece is sealed but not cooked all the way through. Then add the canned tomatoes, drained canned chickpeas, stir to combine, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes covered with a lid.
Add the double cream and the sugar, stir and cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes longer until the sauce is thick and desired consistency. Add salt if needed. (There is salt in the curry paste, so only add extra salt if necessary.)
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 284mg | Potassium: 387mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3880IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 2mg