- 1 lbs fresh tortelloni or tortellini
- 4 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto I used Scala or Delallo in the US
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 4 basil leaves or ½ tsp dried basil
- 250ml/1 cup double/heavy whipping cream
- 30g/1 cup fresh spinach
- 50g/1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese or other hard cheese like Asiago or Pecorino
- salt to taste
Set a large pot of salted water boiling and cook the tortelloni according to package instructions.
Meanwhile in a large and deep pan heat the sun-dried tomato pesto together with minced garlic over low heat and fry while stirring for no longer than 30 seconds. Then add the heavy cream and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer, then add the spinach and let it wilt for a minute, then stir in the grated cheese. Take off the heat and keep warm.
Drain the tortelloni while reserving ½ cup of pasta water. Add the tortelloni directly to the sauce and toss gently to combine. If the dish is a bit dry add a splash of the reserved pasta water to loosen it until the right consistency. Serve immediately with additional grated Parmesan and black pepper.
- Tortelloni or Tortellini with any filling are suitable for this recipe.
- You can use fresh or frozen stuffed pasta.
- To lighten the sauce you can use single cream or light cream (20%) fat.
Calories: 634kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 149mg | Sodium: 1526mg | Potassium: 105mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2158IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 427mg | Iron: 2mg