- 275g/2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 150g/3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g/1/2 cup butter
- 250ml/1 cup plain yogurt can use flavoured yogurt, low fat is okay
- 2 eggs large
- 185ml/3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 lemon zest of one lemon and juice of 1/2
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp demerara/turbinado sugar for sprinkling optional
Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
In a large bowl mix your flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and cut cold butter in with a pastry blender.
In a small bowl mix lightly beaten eggs, yogurt, vanilla essence, lemon juice and milk.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ones.
Add blueberries and lemon zest. Stir gently in order not to crush blueberries.
Scoop into greased or paper lined muffins tin, sprinkle with a pinch of Demerara/Turbinado sugar and bake at 350F/180C for 20-25 minutes.
- Wholewheat flour could be used.
- Any fruit or berries could be used.
- Flavoured yogurt substitution is acceptable.
Calories: 127kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 119mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 61IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg