- ½ recipe- Crock Pot Rustic Italian beef ragu recipe linked
- 1 cup- Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2- Marinated Roasted Red Peppers sliced
- 16-20- fresh basil leaves
- 8- Flour Tortillas
For the Salsa
- 8-10 cloves- Sicilian style chilli spiced garlic if using fresh garlic use 2-3 cloves only
- 1 ½ cups- ripe cherry tomatoes
- 8-10- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp.- olive oil I used oil from the jar with garlic
- salt to taste
Set your non-stick frying pan on the stove over medium heat.
You can use a little olive oil for frying quesadillas or use dry pan if you want to reduce fat content.
Lay your flour tortilla and spread ¼ cup of Italian Beef Ragu, scatter some sliced marinated roasted red peppers, shredded mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves and top with another tortilla.
Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes on one side, then flip it and cook for 2- 3 minutes on the other side until the cheese is melted, the filling is heated through and the tortilla is toasted.
Repeat until all filling and tortillas are used.
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1467mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 686IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 244mg | Iron: 4mg