- 250g/1/2 lbs small pasta
- 3 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 400g/2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- 400g/2 cups red cherry tomatoes halved
- 40g/1/4 cup black olives pitted and halved
- 40g/1/4 cup green olives pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- ½ red pepper diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper diced
- 10g/1/2 cup fresh basil
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar or to taste
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to the package directions together with unpeeled cloves of garlic. Drain pasta, remove garlic cloves, peel them and set aside for the vinaigrette. Cool pasta.
In a large bowl combine red and yellow peppers, red and yellow tomatoes, black and green olives and chives.
In a food processor or a blender combine basil, white wine vinegar and cooked garlic cloves, process till smooth. With a motor of your food processor still running open the chute and pour in olive oil in a thin steady stream, blend for 30 seconds till smooth.
Add pasta to the bowl with vegetables, mix gently and dress with the basil vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the refrigerator for the flavour to meld for one hour before serving.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 504IU | Vitamin C: 32mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg