- 200g/7 oz red and yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ each red and yellow pepper sliced
- 1 cucumber optional
- 4-5 sliced ciabatta bread day old
- ½ red onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp capers
- 10 black or green olives pitted
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves green and purple
For the Panzanella Dressing
- 2 anchovies optional
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
In a large bowl combine red and yellow cherry tomatoes, sliced red and yellow peppers, red onion, capers, olives, torn-up slices of ciabatta bread and basil leaves.
Make the dressing by turning anchovies into a paste in a mortar together with minced garlic, add olive oil, white wine vinegar and salt, mix until combined. Alternatively, the dressing could be combined in a blender.
Add the dressing to the salad and toss gently, add salt to taste and let it sit for 20-30 minutes before serving.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 322mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 835IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1mg