For the French Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp fresh or dried herbs of your choice optional
For the Farro Salad
- 1 can 14oz/400g white beans, butter beans or cannellini beans, drained
- 2 cups/200g farro cooked
- 1 small zucchini shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 6-7 red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp capers
- 5-6 Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- ¼ red onion sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh basil sliced
- salt to taste
Cook the farro grain according to package instructions, drain and cool.
In a large bowl combine all the French vinaigrette ingredients, mix with a whisk until the dressing is emulsified, then add the beans and cooled farro, let it sit for 10-15 minutes for the ingredients to absorb the flavour of the vinaigrette.
Then add the remaining ingredients and mix gently until combined.
Add more salt if needed.
Calories: 669kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 222mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 10.4mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1.4mg